Restless Leg Syndrome: Causes, Symptoms And Possible Treatments
Restless leg disorder, additionally described as Willis-Ekbom illness, is characterized by an irrepressible desire to relocate the legs. Signs and symptoms of agitated leg disorder include:
- The irrepressible impulse to move the legs
- Unpleasant feelings in the legs, such as prickling, itching, shedding or pulsating
- Agonizing pains in the legs, particularly in the calf bones
- Leg Spasms
- Leg Twitching
Restless Leg Causes
Evidence recommends that involuntarily leg movement takes place due to a trouble in the basal ganglia. This is a region situated in the mind that utilizes dopamine in order to effectively control the motion as well as muscle task. If the cells within this area come to be damaged, dopamine levels in the mental decline, causing muscle spasms as well as irrepressible movements of the extremities. At the end of the day, dopamine levels naturally fall, which might make up the reality that the symptoms of this problem of legs moving at night and evening worsen.
- Chronic Conditions
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency
- Leg Vein Problems
Restless Leg Symptoms
- Consuming certain medications such as antidepressants, lithium, antipsychotics, etc.
- Excessive use of alcohol and smoking.
- Suffering from some kind of vein disease.
- Excessive intake of caffeine.
- Stress and tension
- Inappropriate lifestyle.
Restless Leg Treatment
If restless leg syndrome is brought on by an underlying condition, treating that condition may likewise fix the agitated leg syndrome. For example, if restless leg syndrome is caused due to leg veins, then you need to take leg vein treatment for relief. In moderate instances of uneasy leg disorder that is not linked to any other medical problem, a few ways of living modifications might help handle the disorder.
You can also utilize some of the common steps at home to get relief from restless leg syndrome:
- Use massage therapy.
- Put your leg in lukewarm water for half an hour.
- Apply cold/hot bottle on the affected area.
- Do exercises.
- Stretch your leg or take a walk.
- Avoid consuming alcohol, caffeine, or tobacco.
- Avoid exercising just before bedtime.
- Avoid smoking
- Workout daily
- Avoid waking up till late at night.
- Dopamine agonists
- Sleep aids
If you are suffering from chronic venous insufficiency, then you must be worried about “How to stop blood pooling in legs?” Now, don’t worry there are lots of treatment options available in the medical market which are minimally invasive and painless.
We at Vein Treatment Clinic provide the best treatment for all kinds of vein diseases at our clinic utilizing the latest and most advanced medical techniques with minimal discomfort. You can also check our “leg veins before and after gallery” for your satisfaction trust. To know more about us, feel free to reach us directly through our official website veintreatmentclinic.com.
Article Source: http://veintreatmentspecialist.mystrikingly.com/blog/restless-leg-syndrome-causes-symptoms-and-possible-treatments